Description du job
We are currently seeking for our client, a leading electronics company based in Geneva, a Mechanical Design Engineer.
In close contact with the R&D Project Managers, his/her strong technical expertise in Mechanics allows him/her to efficiently take an active part in the development of new
products dedicated to our automotive business, bringing projects to successful completion (on time, at the right cost and quality, using reliable manufacturing processes).
This position reports to the Business Program Manager.
- Realize design of metal and plastic injection parts or over-molding processes for high volume product ;
- Use design tools like COCREATE CAD system (3D and 2D drafting / stack-up, functional dimensioning and tolerancing) ;
- Master best project management practices (i.e. FMEA, design to cost and quality, Time-tosales) ;
- Work with quality and purchasing teams to establish quality requirements for external suppliers (components, tools and equipment) ;
- Validate the technical reports from suppliers ;
- Ensure Mechanical lead within the project team.
- Engineering University degree or confirmed technician in the mechanical, Electromechanical field
- At least 3 years practical experience as design engineer in a low cost components mixed mechanical /electronic environment (magnetic knowledge as key asset)
- Experience in the field of Automotive or similar industry, understanding of manufacturing processes an asset
- Fluent in English and in French language
An asset :
- Knowledge of Automotive Quality System ISO TS 16949
- Problem solving competency, pragmatic
- Team worker with excellent communication skills
- International mindset and intercultural experience
- Knowledge of PCB design/layout
- Strong result-orientation